Monday, February 14, 2011

play what we call "the game"

"Don't hate the player hate the game" being 20 and single I feel like I have played every game possible! you are probably wondering what game exactly am I talking about?
THE DATING GAME .... it sucks!!
sometimes I just wish I could sit on the side lines and watch everyone else play the game for me and hopefully lead me to VICTORY but unfortunately its not that easy.
I hate the games
I hate the games
I hate the games
I have come to find out that I hate the games and do everything in my power to not play them. But if you want to play them I will play them back so HARD its the competitive nature that comes out in me when this happens!
I wear my heart on my sleeve and I cant think of a better place for it. This is a really bad thing a lot of the time and that is why I HATE THE GAME
now for example....
1st date elaborate date which then turns into a marathon date.... all night marathon which I slept through half of! ..... kissing?..... ya...... good kissing?......YES
hmmmmmmm  now what!
Texting? yes all day everyday
everyday hangouts? yes for about a week
also had very open conversations about not playing "the game" was mentioned
Good! we are on the same page or at least that is what I thought
then.....
nothing no talking no texting no hanging out for about a week. but during this week he gets surgery so....
yes! you hit it right on the nose he wants me to come "take care" of him I thought about it and went back and forth do I go? do I not? but the motherly in stinks kicked in
there is a boy you are extremely attracted to home alone sick taking pain killers! so what do I do? I go and "take care" of him watch movies eat Popsicles and try and do a little entertaining. 
Is the kissing still going on? YES!
he makes full recovery and then again I dont hear from him so at this point I am pissed
my thought process is I take care of you I help you I bring you movies WTF
so I am starting to think!......
BRING ON THE GAME!
I will show you how it is played!!
you just watch maybe take notes
so a few days go by he comes around and decides he is going to make a small effort and text me I dont respond another day goes by he texts again I respond very short asking if I can come get my movies? his response was after 10 come over!
10 rolls around I call him no answer
1 am rolls around I get a text saying dinner ran over sorry!
SHUT UP! 
you should not have even texted me no dinner runs till 1 am you IDIOT
GET SERIOUS
you can just bring them to me at work.
a week goes by I dont text him and he tries texting me a few times I either dont respond or am very short.
a random hangout happens .... kiss? .... yes!
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Saturday comes around .... surprise visit at work with a treat? WHAT?
that is boyfriend status.
Sunday drive!? Good night text!! never gotten one of those from you before

GOOD NIGHT NELLY

you are wondering what happens next?... ya me too!
the game is being played way to hard I am going to quit but then he will do something and reel me back in
keeping me close but not to close... I am on to you silly boy!

why does this game have to be played
I hate it
I hate it
I hate it

2 comments:

  1. I cannot help but comment on this...You crack me up Heather! We need to play sometime because I feel like we can relate to a lot of things. I hate the dating game and i wish i could just not do it but in this world its just not that easy. :(
    Oh and I totally had a flash back of us in High School riding that scooter to Chelsea's and we almost died. hehe!

    ReplyDelete