Friday, February 11, 2011

analyzing my life!

I have hit a hump in my life and I don't exactly know how to get over it! small problem right? no! HUGE PROBLEM...
I am 20 going on 21 young right!? The fun has only begun or at least that is what I think but... we live in a society (UTAH) where someone somewhere decided that if you were a female age 21 and male age 23 you are a nuisance to society if you were not married and pregnant by that age! GET SERIOUS I am perfectly normal and some say good looking and yes you guessed it I am NOT MARRIED or PREGNANT so this leads me to think to myself "heather you are becoming a nuisance" blah blah blah SHOOT! in any other place in this world the average age for marriage is 25-28 and having children 27-31 right! so why has Utah decided that we are going to change this.
Some people wonder why Utah has such a high divorce rate hmmmm..... I wonder maybe because young people feel like they have to be married so young so they A. rush into things or B. get knocked up (because pre-marital sex is so frowned upon the young generation has a bigger desire to do it) not me but is common here in our small community which then leads these young couples to believe that marriage is the only option for them! this in time can be a BAD IDEA which then later on in life leads to the "D" word that is what my parents make us call it. That word is frowned upon in our home because we all come from a divorced family but I mean we turned out ok I guess.....
but back to the topic of me at this hump
so what if I dont want to get "married"
so what if I dont want more schooling (I went to hair school)
so what if I dont want to live in my parents basement till I am 30
so what if I dont want kids for 10 years
DOES THIS MAKE ME A NUISANCE TO SOCIETY?
no!
so now what .....
whats next for me?
I am wondering that for myself ...
HUMP
so I have a few options
option 1: stay right where I am? living in provo, dating no one, working a 8-2 job, doing hair here and there, and going to bed every night by 10 ...
WAKE UP AND DOING IT AGAIN!
alright everyone I am clearly more fun than the life I am living
option 2: venture up to SLC and live and work and maybe find myself some more fun!
option 3: do something drastic and move out of state and pursue my hair career (my parents would flip) so maybe that is a BAD IDEA
option 4: I dont really have a option 4 maybe.... buy a new car! that would be fun :) commute to SLC to work? hmmm....


ITS CLEARLY TIME FOR SOMETHING NEW!

I tried this one time before! I went to my dad one day and said "dad I think I need something new in my life" he replied to me saying "heather what do you think you need" so i gained up the courage and said "I need a new phone with every app. possible" he looked at me with a confused look and said "why the hell do you want one of those" so me trying anything in my power to get what I wanted I said "cause if I have a cool phone I wont need a boyfriend!" SOLD! ... I got the new phone!
but.... it did not help as much as I thought
so then I hit up my mom and tried to convince her she wanted another dog! actually I wanted a dog and I wanted her to help me help take care of it.... good idea? GREAT IDEA so my mom being the dog lover that she is jumped on the internet went to the pound and looked for a cute little something for me/her she came across a cute little chihuahua at the pound that was less than 2 pounds but had a few problems. my mom kept trying to get me to come down to the Lindon pound to see her but I did not want a "retarded" dog. so mean while my mom is going to down to the pound everyday to see this dog. so finally I go down one Saturday to see it instant LOVE <3 so now I have adorable dog she consumes a little of my time but much more of my moms! good thing my mom loves the both of us. She feels a small portion of the gap...
but I still dont know what is next for me! hmmmm .......

WISH ME LUCK!

all I know is I dont want this "title"

1 comment:

  1. Ok I thought there was something wrong with me to because i am 20, single and not looking to get married anytime soon...Yeah i want to have a cute guy in my life but i dont to ge married and i surely dont want kids!!! haha! I hate that we live in Utah and everyone thinks i need to get married right out of high school and get pregnant a year later. Im pretty sure im the only one out of my friends that are single and not in a serious relationship. I think i need to find something new in my life so that i dont feel like im the only person in this world that is single and not wanting to get married. Maybe moving to SLC is a good idea Heather!

    ReplyDelete