Thursday, March 31, 2011

getting old?

I know I am only 20 but I am reminded everyday that I am getting older from....
  • Kenzie telling me how excited she is to plan my birthday party!! (21 BIG DEAL)
  • The fact that my back hurts every night
  • My feet constantly hurt
  • I watch Oprah & Dr. Oz
  • I take mid day naps (everyday)
  • I go to bed no later than 10:00 p.m. (on weekends to)
But this was the ultimate reminder

Tuesday night Kenzie and myself spent the evening at Cory's house with his mom Michelle sister Haley and his 2 adorable nieces!
1st Clue Haddy Boo comes running around the corner with her arms open offering the hug of a life time so I go to bend over and grab her but  I STRUGGLED TO GET BACK UP! ** STRUGGLED**
then.....
as I sit there holding haddy she decides she wants to play a game :)
* I look at Kenzie GAME TIME
DUCK DUCK GOOSE suggested game!
sigh of relief
I can play that! I dont have to concentrate and its not to hard PERFECT
so as the four of us sit in a close circle  Gracie is up to bat
DUCK
DUCK
DUCK
DUCK
GOOSE
Kenzie jumps up and chases her around the circle.....
The first few rounds go good as I am anticipating my turn
Haddy Boo you're up
DUCK
DUCK

she tapped me on the head
GOOSE

the anticipation was finally over MY TURN 
but.....
it took me probably 15 seconds to realize it was my turn by that time she had already made it around the circle and was ready to take my place
as the game goes on I am finding it harder and harder to stand up and sit back down and you are wanting me to run in between the up downs??
DUCK DUCK GOOSE has been proven harder than you think and for a 20 year old
this is not a good sign!
Down hill slope already

oh and did I fail to mention .....

we have the same sparkle tights. (she is less than half my age) hehe

1 comment:

  1. LMAO!!! Okay first of all 21 is a BIG DEAL!! You not old your just about to hit the funnest times of your life. Second I had trouble getting up in duck duck goose! That was just a bad idea, thats why I was thinking of other games to play. Third I have a bad back too! Plus I have bad neck, shoulders,knees, and ankles. We were just athletic in High School so were bound to fall apart for that. Last but not least I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! I promise your not getting old. Your just starting a new chapter in your life thats going to have many adventures with YOURS TRUELY! ME!!!

    ReplyDelete