Monday, March 14, 2011

goodbye is the hardest part

saying goodbye is the hardest part!...
I guess we could say that posting this on my blog is my way of mourning the loss of a GREAT friend!
Cory Jex 
has always been and always will be an amazing friend of mine
my friendship with Cory bloomed when I was a sophomore in high school. Cory was dating my best friend Bryn Bertleson and I was dating his best friend Tyler Dawe.
Let me just tell you there was never a dull moment and the 4 of us spent everyday during lunch, after school, and into the weeeee hours of the morning together. That was a lot of time but it never got old! some of our expeditions started with lame trips to wal mart to all day trips snowmobiling.
fun was CLEARLY our middle names

we established a instant bond that will last beyond this life

Cory and I spent a lot of time together we were famous for surprise visits to each others houses were we spend hours talking about everything. Cory was someone I could talk to about anything! he humored me in listening to all my stupid boy drama and giving me endless advice on how to handle the problem he loved telling me "show him who wears the pants heather, we all know it's you" he was my shoulder to cry on and when i felt like i had no one else i always had Cory to lean on!
we loved hanging out in his basement watching movies and laughing I was famous for jumping from couch to love sac to couch and back to the love sac i always ended up landing on Cory and staying there he laughed every time even though i am positive i hurt him at least once.

poor Michelle had to listen to my laugh that echoed to whole house from down stairs
there were a few times she came down stairs making sure nothing was wrong (if you know me you know what i am talking about)

I always had fun when I was with Cory
one day I was over at his house hanging out with him and he got up to go to the bathroom so being the idiot that I am i thought it would be funny if i ran after him and jumped on him.
so.....
Cory got up and started to walk towards the bathroom
I leaped off the couch (literally) and went chasing after him
as Cory grabs the bathroom door to open it
I SCREAM "think fast"
Cory turned around facing me and ....
I JUMPED
wrapped my arms and legs around him and we crashed to the floor kicking the door wide open
we laid on the ground laughing for not less than 20 min
good thing i was close to the bathroom cause a serious accident was on the verge of happening

so....
forgive me Michelle I am guilty for the black smudge and dent in the bathroom door down stairs which i am sure Cory told you was him!

we had ups and downs but that only made our friendship stronger! and had so much fun together.
Cory was always looking out for others and put us before himself.
he always rescued me from places i did not want to be and would give up his night of fun to either come get me or take me home.
I cant tell you how many parties he ditched just to come watch a movie with me because I was having a bad day. he always made me feel better
Cory and I probably got the closest when I spent a entire summer with him sitting at the tattoo shop day in and day out going to the carnival, and going camping. we did everything together that summer i even got cool enough to go lazer tagging with him and all the guys!
did i not only embarrass myself i ruined Cory's reputation

but like i said Cory always put himself last
and i admire that about him.
he never cared what others thought about him.

I never ended a conversation or left him without a huge hug and him telling me 
"LOVE YOU LONG TIME" and this i will never forget

Cory,
Thank you for being a part of my life and letting me be a part of yours. I learned so much from you and look up to you in so many ways. I admire all the amazing qualities you have and strive to find them in myself. Thank you for being my shoulder to cry on and spending countless hours with me. Thank you for teaching me so much about myself and giving me endless amounts of advice that I still use today. You were always someone i could count on for anything you always made me feel unstoppable.
I will never forget all the fun we had and all the stupid pictures we used to take!
You are what I would consider a BEST FRIEND!
I love you Cory!
You will never be forgotten
xoxo Heather

R.I.P. Cory Jex
November 14, 1988
to
March 13, 2011

watch over all of us!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks Heather...that was amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im going to miss him so much! I was talking to him the monday before all this happened. Cory could always cheer anyone up. I loved him with all my heart! Thanks Heather for sharing your stories about him. I may borrow one for a moving Im making. :)

    ReplyDelete